James has been involved in a variety of industrial electrical and mechanical projects. He takes a hands on approach to engineering, and likes to get involved in every stage of a project, from initial design to fabrication and assembly to installation and commissioning.
In his industrial work James is primarily involved in designing welding, machining and other fabrication and assembly operations used in the production of custom systems and components.
Some of the projects James has had the opportunity to work on are listed below:
- Liquid chemical analyzers for the pulp/paper industry.
- Overhaul of air intakes and combustion chambers for Rolls Royce Olympus gas turbine engines.
- New fuel manifolds to convert General Electric LM1500 and LM2500 gas turbine engines from diesel to natural gas.
- Controls for 300-ton capacity tow trucks.
- Refurbishment of a trailer mounted 3.1 megawatt gas turbine engine/generator set.
- Distillation column for purification of silicon for solar panel manufacturing.
- Dust suppression systems for sulphur handling facilities.